Pages

Wednesday 20 January 2010

Happy Birthday to... Sue!

My friend Sue turned... ha ha ha... a women never reveals her age! Let's just say she's a year older than last year, but not as old as next year. Any way Sue celebrated her birthday on Monday and we all went out for a 'surprise' dinner, we were sure her daughter had blown our cover but a carefully scripted txt msg revealed that Sue was none the wiser.

It was a great night catching up with friends and the food was great... thanks La Porcetta!
Why are you telling us all this I hear you asking, well because I'm building up the setting behind my first ever easel card.

And here it is:
I used Bella Rose DSP, Riding Hood Red & Whisper White CS.

Inks used were Basic Black, Kiwi Kiss & Riding Hood Red.

Stamp sets used were Frames with a Flourish, Echoes of Kindness (Lvl 2 Hostess) & On your Birthday.

Accessories:Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon. Button from Button Bouquet Designer Buttons.

Scallops on the Riding Hood red circle were made using the Corner Rounder.

Flower coloured in using SU water colour pencils & Blender Pen (a trick I picked up off a few websites is to colour lightly in blue around the outside of the image, this gives a shadow type effect and makes your image pop out a bit)
The card folds down to fit nicely in a square envelope, and there is room on the underside to write a message... that will not be on display for everyone to read.

I got the instructions & dimensions for this card from the Score-pal website, other variations are also on Splitcoast Stampers. Click on the links to see the originals.

I'd love to see any Easel cards you've made, leave me a link in my comments.

Thanks for looking.

No comments: