Pages

Friday 22 January 2010

Stamping with Sarah

My niece Sarah (6) loves to stamp when ever she comes over, and will keep bugging me until I get the ink & rubber out for her to 'make' something. So when her & her mum came over on Thursday night to have dinner, I was relieved when she pestered us to play the Wii... until it came time for someone else to have a turn, then she started... "can I do some stampin'... can I pleaasseee!" So off to the 'stamping room' we trotted and she picked out her ink colours and stamps, and I cut up the project... the Milk Carton box, as I had some left over from a previous workshop.

So here is Sarah with her Milk Carton... What do you think? Cute isn't she... how deceiving looks can be! *wink* She's that little girl we all used to sing a nursery rhyme about... you know the one with the curl in the middle of her forehead. *chuckle*

Anyway... Sarah's milk carton is made with Whisper White & Pixie Pink card stock, inks are Pixie Pink, Orchid Opulence & Green Galore, Stamp sets used are Petal Pizazz , Oval All & Think Happy Thoughts, ribbon is thin white satin (non SU). We paper pierced around the scallop oval to give a more delicate look.
It was actually Sarah's idea to use only the words from the Oval all stamp, and then use the bolder flower from Think Happy Thoughts, which I think really made it tie in well with the rest of the theme she had going on.

What do you think? Leave some comment love for Sarah.

1 comment:

Genelle Little said...

Sarah, your milk carton is adorable! Well done. I love your little oval, great idea!